Wednesday 30 July 2014

A sort of rebuild

As mentioned in the previous post, real life has been getting in the way of important things, like spray painting motorbike parts...

As part of my team world commitments, I was required to do a round trip of 60 odd miles to pick up a suit for a wedding. I couldn't borrow my wife's car for the journey so it had to be done by bike. I hadn't been planning on using the XT for a few more weeks, until all the paint has been done, but I had no choice but to bolt the bare minimum back together and head out.

So far I'd managed to paint the tail, the screen and the front fairing, but not the main tank panels. Unfortunately there are no pictures from this process as I didn't want my nice new phone covering in paint! Perhaps I need a garage camera....

Have a look at the results and see what you think.




When I got back, I noticed that the satin finish was chipped on the tail section. Arse.

After much googling, I've ordered some more satin paint that claims to be much harder. Fingers crossed for this time round. Perhaps I'll even get some photos!

No comments: