Thursday 3 July 2014

Painting XT660 mudguard- cont.

After a good start to the painting I've run across my first set of problems.

1) Painting in the spare room sounds like a good idea until the paint fumes go out of the open window and drift back into the bathroom where the Mrs was having a relaxing soak.... As you can imagine, she was not best pleased!

2) Painting in a room which is waiting to be decorated comes with unseen hazards, mainly in the form of dust which only moves after you've put your first coat on....

3) Sanding out scratches can results in many, many tiny scratches. Even though I've been working my way up from 120grit to 800grit, I've still got some patches of tiny scratches showing through. I've got to decide if I start again or live with them.

I think I'll get some body filler for the rest of the big scratches, I avoided this at first as I thought sanding would be easier. Turns out, I was wrong.

tonight's efforts:

No comments: